Random Chit Chat

Woohoo! My P4 with the 768MB DDR of RAM can play 720p videos with the help of my 8800GT.
I tried running SCII on my P4, and it does not run at all... So I guess it can only play games from 2005 and below.

If only I can find an AM2 motherboard for cheap ($50 was the lowest). Then I would have an 64 X2 4800+ with 1GB of DDR2 RAM.

I also bought L4D2, since it was $5. I also bought one for my friend since one of the "Steam Scavenger" was to gift a game.

They both have a blown cap. It should take me about 15 minutes to fix. I cannot get a ride to pick them up until tomorrow, but the seller agreed to hold them for me.

The Dell appears to be a 21 inch 4:3. Epic.

That's a sweet deal! I'm constantly on the look out for duff monitors, another 20 inch Dell would be nice.

I'm looking for an epic free PC dock for my computer. I heard Object Dock was good, I just wanted to know if anyone knows of one that's any better.

I'm looking for an epic free PC dock for my computer. I heard Object Dock was good, I just wanted to know if anyone knows of one that's any better.

Stardock and rocketdock work well.

I've tried the docks in windows, but all they really do is get in the way. Just pin the programs you want to the taskbar and set it to autohide.

Will I notice a difference between 768MB and 1GB of RAM for an HTPC running Ubuntu 10.10 with 2GB of disk swap?

I want to buy a mid-range price gaming rig when I get a job :D I just don't know what will lie in store for me in about a year....If I were to buy a Mid-range comp. I would start with an ASUS or Gigabyte motherboard with an AM3 slot for around a 120 dollars for a tri-core processor or maybe a quad (overclocked) and an ATI 6870 or if there is something better for same price....I would Crossfire it later on for the extra kick in the arse performance. :D <----everything here is just the main internals not including a HD or RAM because they can come cheap.

Back
Top Bottom