**Please Help** Need advice for Laptop for Video Editing/College

But MACs have a high price tag attached to them also.
My HP has given great service and it's over 3, closer to 4, years old. Best advice is to shop carefully. Don't jump at the first one you see. Impulse buying will come back to bite you in the glutinous maximus later.

I'm surprised that hp is higher than dell.

I'm not. Remember the Dv9000 series, where pretty much every one of them failed? Also, every compaq I've ever used was total garbage. HP has made some really bad computers over the years.

Why does everyone keep saying macbook pro? They are ridiculously expensive, and a much better computer can be had for the same price. I've also had some horrible experiences with apple laptops, so I really cannot recommend it. Oh, and CS5 for mac is one of the buggiest programs I've ever used. It freezes constantly if you try to do anything beyond the basic features.

Unfortunately, I have no idea which laptops I can recommend because the OP is in the UK and I don't know where to check. Definitely consider ASUS though. Their products are consistently very reliable and they tend to be cheaper than the competition. ASUS also uses dedicated GPUs on all but the cheapest models, which will help tons with video playback.

EBuyer seems to be the newegg of Europe.

Perfect. I looked through there and a few laptops stood out.

Toshiba Satellite Pro L670-14P Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com
Lenovo G560 Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com
Asus P52JC Business Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

Any of these would be more than adequate for the OP. I really cannot say which would be the best, because it really depends on what they will be used for. The toshiba does have the best screen and the best GPU though.

Back
Top Bottom