Halo 2 working on piece of trash desktop?

airsoftkid

In Runtime
Hey guys, I didn't know where to post this, but I was wanting to ask if you guys thought that Halo 2 would run on this computer with the XP patch?

System specs:
2.8 Ghz P4 Processor
1024 Megabytes of RAM
(Here comes the killer) GeForce FX5200 Graphics card

Do you guys think Halo 2 will work on my piece of trash PC?
Let me know, thanks.

I really don't think this going to run very smoothly. If you do get it to work, you computer is going to have to do some work to make it not laggy. I would try getting some newer parts.

Halo 2 is kind of a funny game. It was designed and created to only work on Windows Vista. Sure, there are patches, but I've read that they won't always work. The best part is that it is purposefully designed in such a way that it is not meant to be compatible with older OR newer operating systems from the same company. If the patch alone would break this un-realistic restriction, I will be surprised.

It won't work. AFAIK, the only XP patch still requires DX10, which your video card does not support. If you really want halo 2, I suggest you check craigslist and/or garage sales for an xbox. I just got one yesterday for $5, so good deals on them are not uncommon.

Halo 1 might work though. I got it running on my apple iBook with Radeon 9100 graphics a while back.

Back
Top Bottom