The CF Sale discussion thread

@lhamil64 thanks for the message, a mobile version of this site is a possibility. And hopefully there will be no down time from now on. This site is on a very powerful dedicated server

I've noticed the site runs a lot better too, that's great.

Not a fan at all of those blogging icons at the bottom of each post. They stick out like a sore thumb.

I do like the way the forum has been re-arranged. I agree on the blogging icons as well. The change of server seems to be working very well.

Not a fan at all of those blogging icons at the bottom of each post. They stick out like a sore thumb.

I agree. I don't think I'd ever need to tweet out a link to a particular reply to a thread, and if I did I'd probably just do it manually.
Another odd thing I've noticed about the forum is something I made a thread about before (or was it a reply to another thread?). On the homepage, if I try logging in, it still looks like I'm not logged in (the username/password boxes are still there) but if I go to another page it shows me as logged in. I think clearing my cookies fixed it once but as soon as I came back again it started happening again. I'm using Chrome 8.0.552.215 beta on Windows 7. It does it in Firefox as well.

I agree. I don't think I'd ever need to tweet out a link to a particular reply to a thread, and if I did I'd probably just do it manually.
Another odd thing I've noticed about the forum is something I made a thread about before (or was it a reply to another thread?). On the homepage, if I try logging in, it still looks like I'm not logged in (the username/password boxes are still there) but if I go to another page it shows me as logged in. I think clearing my cookies fixed it once but as soon as I came back again it started happening again. I'm using Chrome 8.0.552.215 beta on Windows 7. It does it in Firefox as well.

Try logging in at my anime forum and see if it does it there. We're running the same version but I don't use SEO. If you get in with no problems then let JCB know so he can check the software here. Some times the log in issues can be traced back to SEO or mods installed.
There's a key word mod that is irritating as all get out. I think when we try an acronym we know what it means.

when you are not logged in what is the url in the browser is it http:// computerforums dot org With no www ??

Back
Top Bottom