Ubuntu..

codeman0013

In Runtime
Guys,

What is the name of the program that installs on windows 7 that will setup ubuntu for you as a dual boot I have seen this before but cannot recall the name or find it on google for some reason..

You don't have to search for wubi. It is now included with the instillation cd. This is what you should do:
Boot up to windows (xp, vista or 7 )
After all windows junks, refresh to make sure everything is loaded.
Insert your ubuntu disk (presently ubuntu is at the major version 10.10)
Windows (xp, vista or 7) will alert you to run wubi.
Accept and follow the on screen configuration.
Click install and relax. Grab a beer or or coffee...
----------------------
Hopes this help.

BTW what is Ubuntu best for? I know the programming on Ubuntu is mastered compared to Microsoft's Windows 7 or other Windows but no games or programs are specified in compatibility with Ubuntu I have seen so far...

BTW what is Ubuntu best for? I know the programming on Ubuntu is mastered compared to Microsoft's Windows 7 or other Windows but no games or programs are specified in compatibility with Ubuntu I have seen so far...

In responds to your question, I will answer quickly that Ubuntu is best for everything. If you are into gaming, programming, web development, media editing (video, audio) etc... Infact it is possible to play some of your native windows games on Ubuntu as well as other Linux destros (this is possible through wine). I asked myself the same question too when ubuntu was still at version 6.0 . I was so scare to clean off windows from my only desktop at the time fearing that I was going to lose some functionalities that come with windows. After taking the bold step and cleaning windows I was "forced" to open my mind to other solution. Presently, I'm using Ubuntu for everything and yes you can do the same. I must admit that it will take you sometime as a window user to get comfortable with Ubuntu and other Linux destros. Please take some time to visit the official web site for Ubuntu and other Linux OS you prefer to use.

That is pretty amazing....Like GODLY xD...and yes I have been to Ubuntu's site or Linux's site LOL and it says its for FREEEE. I thought they were pulling my leg -.-. I don't know but im scared xD...I should do it on a new build and SAVE MONEY FROM NOT BUYING WINDOWS. I just hope I can play Crysis to test my hardware :D

Oh, and I am mainly scared of compatibility...I don't want to get ubuntu and cannot play any games or use any programs because I have never ever ever seen a download that says, Download the program that is compatible to your OS

(Windows Download) (Mac Download) (Ubuntu Download)?WTF?

Hi,

I am going to agree with unleasher on what he is saying. Though, I will tell you that playing Crysis on Ubuntu is probably not going to happen. I guess the question that I have for you is what do you want to do with Ubuntu? Ubuntu has a lot offer a person, there is the simple fact that it is a free OS. There is the opportunity to help the community if you feel that you want to. For instance, I am member of the documentation group with Ubuntu. I am also a Fedora Ambassador so there are many opportunities to help out there if you wanted too.

As for compatibility you will be able to run Ubuntu on virtually any hardware. New hardware will work fine with Ubuntu. Unless you have a very obscure piece of hardware I wouldn't worry too much.

Cheers!

Anyone have a clue why Ubuntu doesnt like my wireless on my dell studio 15 laptop? I cannot get it to recognize it and I have tried everything I would really like to have this as a 2nd os but if i cant get on wireless it kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyone have a clue why Ubuntu doesnt like my wireless on my dell studio 15 laptop? I cannot get it to recognize it and I have tried everything I would really like to have this as a 2nd os but if i cant get on wireless it kind of defeats the purpose.

What wireless adapter is it?

Back
Top Bottom