Bandwith - Need help

Bagzli

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a problem with my bandwith and i was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me. I have used up almost 4 Gigs today alone and i am not sure how. I had an online game runing all day but i'm sure that the game itself could not have pulled that much on me. I did absolutelly nothing else but this game today on this pc.

Right now i have a Net Meter installed to monitor my bandwith and i am writing this to ask if you guys can explain to me how to tell when i'm using too much.

By this i mean i am looking at it right now and it sayd 2.0 to 8.0 kbps and its constantly changing. Few minutes ago i had 2.1 mbs and thats just my download. My big question is when should i start considering i'm using too much. These numbers mean nothing to me cause i dont understand them and i dont understand when is download big.

I know these are all probably stupid questions but i really got nobody else to ask. So once again if you can please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Ok I am sorry but i still need answer to the question above but i have a little update, i just checked my online usage through my ISP and it says i have only used 3 gigs. I am assuming that this program is not working correctly. Could any of you give me a link to a program or name and ill find it myself that is reliable?

I'm actually curious why you are concerned about how much you are using. If you don't have a limit by your ISP where after x amount of gigs you use you pay more, I wouldn't be worried about usage.

That's unfortunate :(

First, let's try to see what's taking all that bandwidth. Here's a link to a trial version of Track4Win. If you select the piechart view in it, you can at least see what program is eating the majority of your bandwidth. (I couldn't quickly find an app that would show usage amount by program)

Beyond that...
There's a couple ways to conserve bandwitdh, most notably, disconnect from the internet :)
You can make a shortcut on your desktop to your network connections so that you can disable the connection. (I use this for my downstairs desktop when I'm not downstairs).
Do you have a firewall software that enables you to block all traffic? There's Comodo Firewall which will do just that so that you don't have to disable and re-enable your adapter.

I would get Track4Win, see what's eating bandwith. If it's a program that you don't need to have running, task manager and close it. When you're away from your computer, disable the connection or set the firewall to stop all traffic.

That's unfortunate :(

First, let's try to see what's taking all that bandwidth. Here's a link to a trial version of Track4Win. If you select the piechart view in it, you can at least see what program is eating the majority of your bandwidth. (I couldn't quickly find an app that would show usage amount by program)

Beyond that...
There's a couple ways to conserve bandwitdh, most notably, disconnect from the internet :)
You can make a shortcut on your desktop to your network connections so that you can disable the connection. (I use this for my downstairs desktop when I'm not downstairs).
Do you have a firewall software that enables you to block all traffic? There's Comodo Firewall which will do just that so that you don't have to disable and re-enable your adapter.

I would get Track4Win, see what's eating bandwith. If it's a program that you don't need to have running, task manager and close it. When you're away from your computer, disable the connection or set the firewall to stop all traffic.

Thank you, i have downloaded the program but in a zip folder that came in are 2 installers. One is called Track4WinMon.exe and other Track4WinSvr.exe which do i instal?

Back
Top Bottom