Quite possibly one of the best inventions I've ever seen

Good invention but I can see a lawsuit happening one day when that thing decides not to work and someone loses a finger. It has the possibility to breed complacency. Concentrate on what you are doing...keep your fingers away from the blade and they can't get hurt. I notice they used a sausage and not their own finger.......I would have been most impressed if they had enough confidence in their own invention to use their finger.

^ Did you watch the whole video, Lowndsey? The creator of the machine did use his finger.

Obviously not then :D
Video works very choppily on my pc lately..gets annoying after a minute or so

So what was the point of the sausage?

A really cool idea in my opinion, not a replacement for teaching good workshop practice and i know kids from my old school who would have been more than happy to attempt a danger game on it in exchange for some kind of 'credibility' gained

Obviously not then :D
Video works very choppily on my pc lately..gets annoying after a minute or so

So what was the point of the sausage?
It conducts electricity. And it's similar in shape and all to a finger. \
Like I said, here at Tech, they use the same table saw for cutting aluminum, and some other soft metals I think. They have broken a few blades because people have forgotten to turn off the safety mechanism while cutting materials that conduct.

There is also a case of someone who was pissed and slammed his hand down accidentally on the blade while it was running. He ended up with a few stitches, but nothing major.

I remember reading an article a while ago about something like this. The saw would cut through wood but not skin. It was similar to the type of machine that they use to cut off casts.

Back
Top Bottom