Werid Problem with Starting up PC

CompNoob1

Baseband Member
Hi
The problem i have is my PC does not display anything on screen but everything else works.

i have checked RAM,monitor and all other connections, but it still won't display anything on the screen.

However when i used an old hard drive to run the PC, bios and POST displayed on screen. After i replaced the old drive with the drive i had previously, the screen displayed again.

Can anyone give me an advice on what kind of problem this is, because i believe this may be either a motherboard problem or hard drive problem, but not 100% sure.

P.S I hope i make sense.

ive seen this before when u connect a Hard-drive to the system and it knocks out the display. Do you have another PC you can connect the hard-drive to ?? If you do try to run a chkdsk on the hard-drive and maybe a defrag, But I guess this is being caused by a hardware problem not software

i have tried defrag and checkdisk and it still makes no difference. I tried the hard drive on another computer and it works perfectly. In addition i also used another hard drive to run on my motherboard and it still does not work.

So anyone got other suggestions, because from my testing it is the motherboard that has the problem.

Back
Top Bottom