NEW Damaged SSD - urgent!!!!!

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Hi, just installed hd tune pro to see under the health tab that it says "reallocated sector count" has a current count of 85 and a status of warning.

and yet, i done an error scan and it showed no errors

also, ssdlife and crystal disk info both show my ssd health at 78%, i got this ssd only 15 days ago!

??????????????????????

I believe if any product becomes faulty within 30 days of purchase, as long as it's not your fault, you are legally entitled to a free repair or replacement.

amazon. i think ill get a replacement, :( its just alot of messing about

Ive made an image of the drive, would it be better to image everything to the ssd, or do a fresh instal.... when i get a new one that is.

Until you start seeing a drop in actual storage space, that number is normal. My Intel SSD had "bad" sectors when it arrived, but due to the nature of SSDs and the makers putting more memory in them and then simply remapping it as time goes on, you'll see programs like this one incorrectly reporting problems until they retune them for SSDs.

Unless you are having performance issues with the drive, or the usable file size is shrinking, it's not a problem.

Ah ok, my mate has the same one as me and his is in the high 90's and doesnt give any warnings on his, and he has had his about 1 month longer than me, ahh well, thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom