What Virus Software Do You use?

=Edward=

Beta member
Hey guys. What kind of Virus Software do you use? I use Norton. Which one do you think is better. Norton or Nod32?

Norton or NOD32?

No comparison really. NOD32 own's Norton. I actually consider Norton to be bloatware/resource hog...

I use Avast! Home Edition. It's all I need.

i use f-secure, very good anti-virus program for corporate companys as all the clients poll in to a central server, so you can easily see if there are viruses going around

I use AVG at home and have installed the pro version for many small businesses here in town and it also has some great options and seems to catch many of the problem things out there..

I use Comodo for two main reasons... 1.)It is FREE and I am broke college student... 2.) It lets me control what I want to do with the entire Internet Security package.

AVG 2011 - it is great for FREE. A complete package of goodies and auto updates. Who could ask for more ?
Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Link Scanner, Resident Shield, Email Scanner, Update Manager, Anti-Rootkit and Identity Protection - WOW !! Beat that !!
John

:p

AVG 2011 - it is great for FREE. A complete package of goodies and auto updates. Who could ask for more ?
Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Link Scanner, Resident Shield, Email Scanner, Update Manager, Anti-Rootkit and Identity Protection - WOW !! Beat that !!

Curious... ever gotten a virus?

Curious... ever gotten a virus?

Sure did, but not with AVG 9, 10, 2011 - it was with that highly acclaimed all singin` and dancin` Comodo IS. Best on the market ?

OH another great tip that stops virus`s, malware, hijackers and any other bugs DEAD in their tracks - USE SANDBOXIE ! I have not had as much as a tracking cookie in all the 5-6 months I have been using SBxie and I have been down all the grotty streets of the net imaginable. Sandbox deleted on closure and BINGO, they`ve all GONE.

Scans become a thing of the past - big yawn.
SBxie matches your Username InfectionZero perfectly.

Kinda makes any discussion about AV`s and AM`s futile eh ? But it is a good chat subject.
John :eek:

Hey guys. What kind of Virus Software do you use? I use Norton. Which one do you think is better. Norton or Nod32?

Preferably none as all anti-viruses are resource hogs and slow down my fully loaded system. When I want one to visit extra risky sites, I use AVG which does a fair job.

I've tried them all at different times. Once I was hacked and tried them all to compare and you know what? After running over a dozen anti-viruses and anti-spywares, there was still some left which I had to clean manually!

This is actually one of the reasons I don't use anti-viruses. I understand what's risky and if I ever catch a bad virus, I can probably remove it faster than most anti-viruses.

Back
Top Bottom