After installing xp sp3 I have found several problems

t1587

Baseband Member
After installing xp sp3 I have found several problems.

1. Outlook express can not download messages.

2. Getright and idm can not connect to internet

3. Mtorrent can not connect to internet

These problems look similar. How can I solve these problems?

First, try uninstalling Getright and then reinstalling to see if that resolves that issue. If it does, then repeat the process for the other affected programs.

IMHO SP installs can sometimes do more harm than good. You can rollback the SP install by following the directions found here. Then, try to reinstall SP3.

Edit: Read the below comment first as it may correct the issue before following my directions.

Sounds like it could be a firewall issue to me. Try creating a firewall exception for each of those programs and see if they work.

I'm actually betting drivers. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen an old driver not work after an SP3 update. Thankfully in this case, if I'm right, it'd only be the network driver. I'd roll back like Infection mentioned, update all drivers then try again. If you still have no luck, then I'd take a look at Tommy's post.

To save time though, I'd try Tommy's first as it's typically a five minute thing for the firewall, and a 1+hour fix to uninstall the service pack.

Back
Top Bottom