USB ports no longer responding?

Joonyer

Solid State Member
When I went to bed last night, I had just stopped using my desktop computer and everything was working fine. When I woke up, I was unable to use my mouse or keyboard in any type of fashion, but am currently using the same mouse and keyboard on my laptop. There was, however, a message waiting for me that said something about the device was unable to install. So unless there was an intruder that tried to install some sort of hardware while I was sleeping, I am at a loss as to what caused this. Any thoughts? Thank you guys in advance and let me know if I need to post some specs of any kind...though I am unable to get into my desktop because I have a password login and cannot use my keyboard.

sounds like the USB drivers have become corupt?? Have u tried to plug your keyboard in another USB slot when the PC is turned off and then boot to windows.

Can you get in to the systems BIOS??? This will help us to find out if its a hardware problem (USB controller on the motherboard has gone) or software / driver problem.

Do you have a PS2 connection for the keyboard?

I tried plugging it into all the usb slots there are with no progress. I had a PS2 connection but I am unable to find it yet. I may have to find a cheap connection somewhere or is it possible to buy a cheap keyboard that still has a PS2 connection on it? And if none of this works will I have to try reformatting somehow without a keyboard?

Thrift shops usually have PS/2 keyboards and mouses for like $3-5. There's one right down the street from where I live that has a whole bin of them.

Are you able to use the keyboard to manipulate the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom