The CF Sale discussion thread

Please, do explain...

I plan to hold competitions, hopefully on a regular depending how popular they are.

I want to develop an iphone / android / blackberry app for this site so we can view / post on this site when we are on the move

I also want to create a better guides / reviews section, as I have a lot of guides I want to write up and add to this site

I also know a lot of SEO tricks that will bring in more traffic (Hopefully :) )

I'm liking the idea of improving a section on guides, will that be something that everyone can contribute to or just selected members?

I'm liking the idea of improving a section on guides, will that be something that everyone can contribute to or just selected members?

admins and moderators can post to the guides section, normal members can post in to a "Guide Submission" forum where they will be checked and approved by an admin / moderator

Seeing as though we are discussing changes how about adding a gaming section. The members have been asking for one for quite a while but David would never agree as it would take traffic away from his gaming forum. Computers and gaming go hand in hand and I think it is something this place needs. The majority of members here would be interested in gaming of some sort.

Seeing as though we are discussing changes how about adding a gaming section. The members have been asking for one for quite a while but David would never agree as it would take traffic away from his gaming forum. Computers and gaming go hand in hand and I think it is something this place needs. The majority of members here would be interested in gaming of some sort.

There is a copier tech forum I belong to that has a gaming section with a bunch of games you can play right on the forum. Take a look if you want to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

http://www.copytechnet.com/

As appealing as these guides and competitions are, I'd say the first priority is getting this place to where it's even considered "active". Five years ago I remember making a post and having it on the second page in a matter of minutes...Hell, Now I can make a thread, Go on vacation and come back and still find my thread on the first page. At any rate, You certainly have your work cut out for you, and for this forums sake, I hope things work out, because we have a good bunch of stand up guys here on this board. History as well.

Welcome JCB. You will probably notice my posts on your mod notification thread, and I apologize for completely trolling it. You have great goals for the forum and I hope that you'll enjoy this as much as the members here. This place hasn't been as active as it used to be; and that applies to me as well. Considering the effort that's been put in into advancing the level of activity I should definitely make a more consistent effort in returning to my old frequency of posts, particularly in the technical sections. Once again, welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy it!

Welcome to CF Jason,

Hope you enjoy it around here.
And about increasing activity, considering this is the first site under Google when searching computer forums / help i think it wouldn't be to difficult to troll in more members.

Also the whole competition things really exciton me, perhaps a game competitions to.

Also, what can you tell Us about you?
Its nice knowing a little bit of background of Admins.

JCB, it would be nice if you could set your avatar as your actual picture. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I sure liked the fact that David had his personal picture up this whole time. Felt like I was talking to an actual person and not someone who was anonymous. It also seemed much more professional.

Back
Top Bottom