Partitioning

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
I wanted to free up some space on my hard drive. I've installed Ubuntu at one point, and I came to a point where I really don't need it anymore. I've viewed a tutorial explaining how I can free up some space by right clicking on "My Computer", then clicking "Manage" and came to a menu where I was able to free up some space. Here's a screenshot of where I came to so far:

Screenshotre-partition.png

I have removed the un-needed, un-used partitions. I have this whopping 369GB of free space. Is there a way I can join it with my C:\ drive? My C:\ drive appears completely unchanged.

there are some partition programs that let you resize partitions but I have never used them so not to sure how good they are. I personally would use Nortan Ghost for this task but its not free

My hard drive was divided into like... 6 partitions. After deleting them, they became free space. They were not part of the C:\ drive. (I had something like C:\ D:\ H:\, I:\, J:\). now I have the 3 primary and the 300+GB of free space.

can you right click -> extend the C drive?

if not, look up some tutorials on how to use CMD to fiddle with partitioning (DISKPART).

its a little long winded to describe here, but there ARE free tools out there to do it, since i have used one in the past. Its name evades me at this point though.

hm, i notice that it is showing up as 'Free Space' not unallocated, which could be a reason.

in order to 'Extend' a volume, there has to be 'Unallocated' space to 'Allocate' to it.

try creating a new primary partition out of the Free space and delete it, does it come back as Free or go to unallocated?

Back
Top Bottom