The CF Sale discussion thread

Welcome! Someone call? :)

I'd be willing to help with coding if I had the time - unfortunately time for me is in rather short supply at the moment, most of my spare time is currently taken up by a rather difficult final year uni project and aside from that I try and spend at least a few minutes away from the PC each day! If I suddenly find myself with more time I'll let you know - until then though feel free to message me with general questions. More than happy to answer those as best I can, it's just on the coding front time is looking a bit short at present. More long term though Android development in particular is something I want to look at :)

As for the move, seems good to me - the site certainly seems snappy at the moment and I'm fine with competitions / a guides section!

Hey JCB.....welcome to CF! Change is good and I hope this will be a positive one.

David: Glad to hear you are still going to be around, don't be a stranger!

Well, this is rather unexpected, but it seems like it's going to benefit the forum. So, welcome JCB!

As far as developing mobile apps, I think it is highly unnecessary. What we need is a mobile version of the site. This way, it will be cross-platform, and it will require very little maintenance. It would also be compatible with the more obscure platforms, not just the ones we decide to develop for.

I love the idea of competitions. We've done a few run by users while I was here, but I think they would get a lot more attention if laid out by the administrator. In addition to the usual overclocking/benchmark competitions, we should do some for a cause. I've seen a few forums do folding@home competitions, and always loved the idea.

I am going to agree with Foothead because this was just very unexpected and I do think that we could benefit from this. Has there been talks about this before at all???

Well, if it is for the good, then I'm fine with that. A dedicated server starts it off great. Is it just me or have we upgraded to VB 4.0.6 from 4.0.0, or was it just there?

Anyways, two admins is better than one indeed. Welcome aboard JCB, and David...you better not leave this place...:p

Having advertisements next to the navigation links is just plain sneaky, even if it is for guests.

Well, if it is for the good, then I'm fine with that. A dedicated server starts it off great. Is it just me or have we upgraded to VB 4.0.6 from 4.0.0, or was it just there?

Anyways, two admins is better than one indeed. Welcome aboard JCB, and David...you better not leave this place...:p

Nah when I upgraded from 3.6.5 we went strawight to 4.0.6 rather than a buggy 4.0.0.

Don't worry, I won't!

I agree with 01001010, that ad positioning is tricky.

As far as mobile apps go, I am also one of the (lucky!) ones who have a Windows Mobile device, and if you're going to make a mobile app, I think you should definitely consider that platform (bigger market share than blackberr, AFAIK).

Maybe I would be able to hang around here more often ;)

Anyway, congrats to JCB for purchasing the site, and a head-nod (can't think of a better sentiment!) to David for being able to sell it.

@ PolishPaul The server is hosted with www.zipservers.com Specs are

2 x Quad Xeon E5430 @ 2.66Ghz
4GB 667mhz memory
250GB SCSI Raid 0 Disks
100mb Network Connection
2000GB Bandwidth a month
OS = Cent OS ver 4

@ Berry120 Thanks for the message, Hopefully I can sort the app out, but will contact you if needed, thanks

Hopefully with the new dedicated server and 2 admins and the other improvements to the site we can make this forum quite active again.

Back
Top Bottom