Group coding project

I agree with the idea of encryption, definitely - the exact algorithm / implementation though isn't really worth discussing at this point! That will only come after we've got a stable, fully working plain text version...:)

Of course, of course. I was just using them as an example :)

I am perhaps getting a little too excited too early about this, but I think it is the kind of thing I would like to take on, for sure. :)

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I take it nobody is still interested in doing this? Really looking for a thing or two to work on at the moment that isn't work-related so if people would still be up for this and berry120 is willing and able to put some time in to it, would anyone want to give it a shot?

I haven't had anyone else contact me about this and considering I'm rather pushed for time at the moment I've just left it for now. If I get a sudden surge of interest I'll be prepared to give things a second look, but otherwise it's (unfortunately) hard to justify the time at present.

Fair enough. I'll have to look out for another project I can put some time and effort in to, then.
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with :)

If anything does come up, I'll let you know. I'd say you could jump in on the project I'm working on at the moment, but it's not seeing a huge amount of activity due to other commitments at the moment and it's also not really a beginners project (most of the tasks require a pretty in depth understanding - there's not many trivial ones unfortunately.)

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with :)

If anything does come up, I'll let you know. I'd say you could jump in on the project I'm working on at the moment, but it's not seeing a huge amount of activity due to other commitments at the moment and it's also not really a beginners project (most of the tasks require a pretty in depth understanding - there's not many trivial ones unfortunately.)

Thanks. :)

I've just agreed to help a friend write a GUI front-end for pacman and an AUR/CPAN helper for Arch Linux, which should be fun, and I'm tempted to put together a GUI installer to go with the LiveCD project that I'm considering undertaking. Probably dropping myself in at the deep end, but it would give me a chance to expand on my current knowledge and contribute back to the community at the same time. Would definitely be interested in hearing about anything you have that I might be able to help out with as I'm trying to keep my coding constant, even if only on small things, just so that concepts are fresh in my mind. :)

Sure, I'd be interested. I guess I could help out with the PHP side of things even though I am still no expert.

Back
Top Bottom