The CF Sale discussion thread

Edit: Just read the announcement.

JCB, got any plans to change much?

Hi

Thanks for opening this thread. My Name is Jason and I am the new owner of this site. I am very happy to be here and I hope I can help David in improving this site. I own a few other large forums and I have a lot of experience in computers.
The site has been moved to a dedicated server with 2 x quad core processors and 4gb of memory, So hopefully this site will run smoothly now 

@ InfectionZero There have been no changes at the moment, but I plan to make some SEO changes which will improve this sites presence in google and other search engines which will mean more visitors / members.

I plan to hold competitions, hopefully on a regular depending how popular they are.

I want to develop an iphone / android / blackberry app for this site so we can view / post on this site when we are on the move

I also want to create a better guides / reviews section, as I have a lot of guides I want to write up and add to this site

Any questions please let me know
Thanks

I guess the only question I have is how does this affect the rest of us members? Or is this just a logistics thing and nothing else is really changing?

Hi, it wont affect anyone, Everything will stay the same, maybe a few additions such as competitions and a guides section.

Oh yes I have just removed the ads on the site for members

Just saw JCB's post.

I happen to be one of the unfortunate few with windows mobile on my phone... What are the odds of eventually pumping out an app for that, or just a ie-mobile version of the site? And hopefully you and he won't mind, but Berry120 seems to be an accomplished programmer if you'd like help with these he might be willing to help. And while I'm nowhere near his skill level, I would be willing to help too.

{edit} Make that posts :)

Cool :) I have noticed it is a bit snappier which is always a good thing. The lack of ads is really nice too.

windows mobile was not in my plans but I can look in to it. I will keep you and berry120 in mind, cheers

the site is owned by me but David is also a joint admin on this site

Nice.

The changes you mentioned look promising and the server spec's should be more resourceful. What quad core processors are you running on the server?

Back
Top Bottom