Random Chit Chat

no, you just cant use it until you pay again. who told you that it would?

My account status appeared to be actually banned, despite the fact that I didn't actually DO anything. I've finally received an email telling me that they believe my account has been compromised...

hey guys
its been a little while, been caught up with life...
Traded the old '79 Trans Am for a mint condition 2009 Dodge Challenger with only 13,500 kms.

BTW.... would anyone help a brother out?
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?103287-Cant-see-a-thing
1556fim_20.jpeg

2.2 is alright. I'm waiting for 3.0 ^^

And acrylic? I've cut several sheets before for the windows mods on my cases. Leave the wrap it comes with on and cut it with a jigsaw at medium speed, apply very, VERY light pressure going forward.

I'll try that. I figured it would melt the acrylic.

I'm fighting Windows/ATI/compaq right now. I've got this old sempron computer that works fine with one of my 28 inch monitors, but I keep getting some sort of sync issue when I plug it into my mom's dell monitor.

EDIT: That was weird. I changed the cable, and that fixed it. Cool, now we can ditch the stupid tivo. $12/month for programming info is absurd.

Traded the old '79 Trans Am for a mint condition 2009 Dodge Challenger with only 13,500 kms.

Wait, what? How did you find someone willing to make that trade?

Wait, what? How did you find someone willing to make that trade?

He had it advertised for $30,000.... A classic 1979 Trans Am Smokey and the Bandit with absolutely no flaws or imperfections is worth easy that here in Canada.....Heck even junkers that some guy and his dad fixed up with a bucket of Bondo and zip ties can be pawned off for a pretty penny if you have the right buyer

Could someone help me out with how I would go about slowing down a small DC motor (such as you would find in normal size RC car or the tracks of a computer printer) and daisy chaining DC xmas lights together? I'm planning on using it in an art project. We have to make a "container sculpture". Basically, that's a container of any kind with a theme on the outside, and a "surprise" theme on the inside--such as a cliche. For instance, mine will showcase the glorious money-hungry Christmas wealthier nations like the U.S. experience, and the inside will focus on the experience of a more 3rd-world country. On the outside, I'm going to rig up battery operated xmas lights (right now, I have 4 separate packs. Each have 12 lights (IIRC) and run on 2-"C" sized batteries (48 lights total; 8 "C" batteries). I will be going home tomorrow to work on the box and solder wiring and stuff. If daisy-chaining the lights isn't possible, I can just run them all independently. However, more importantly, I'd like to slow down a DC motor and attach either a xmas tree or a person. I know I could slow it down with weight, but that may not be possible and it would eat through any batteries I need.

If you have any helpful tips, let me know. Otherwise I'm just gunna wing it.

Why the F won't Windows 7 let me enter a password that's less than eight characters? The default password to login to my router is "admin." Every time I enter that, it decides to add three characters to it. I've tried three different browsers, and it always happens.

Could someone help me out with how I would go about slowing down a small DC motor (such as you would find in normal size RC car or the tracks of a computer printer) and daisy chaining DC xmas lights together? I'm planning on using it in an art project. We have to make a "container sculpture". Basically, that's a container of any kind with a theme on the outside, and a "surprise" theme on the inside--such as a cliche. For instance, mine will showcase the glorious money-hungry Christmas wealthier nations like the U.S. experience, and the inside will focus on the experience of a more 3rd-world country. On the outside, I'm going to rig up battery operated xmas lights (right now, I have 4 separate packs. Each have 12 lights (IIRC) and run on 2-"C" sized batteries (48 lights total; 8 "C" batteries). I will be going home tomorrow to work on the box and solder wiring and stuff. If daisy-chaining the lights isn't possible, I can just run them all independently. However, more importantly, I'd like to slow down a DC motor and attach either a xmas tree or a person. I know I could slow it down with weight, but that may not be possible and it would eat through any batteries I need.

If you have any helpful tips, let me know. Otherwise I'm just gunna wing it.

Do you just want to slow it down, or do you need to add torque? To just slow it down a bit, you could add a resistor. It'll just make the motor get less power. To slow it down and add torque, you would need to gear it. I need a bit more info on the type of motor, an what it will actually be doing to help more.

Just wanna slow it down. It won't be attached to anything heavy. I was thinking a resistor. Not sure what kind, and I think they are cheap (if not, I'm not going to spend much on this)....but we don't have a shack in our town so I'd have to get it before I leave home tomorrow. It's not a big deal though.

Just wanna slow it down. It won't be attached to anything heavy. I was thinking a resistor. Not sure what kind, and I think they are cheap (if not, I'm not going to spend much on this)....but we don't have a shack in our town so I'd have to get it before I leave home tomorrow. It's not a big deal though.

If you don't have any resistors, go with a potentiometer. It'll let you dial in the speed you want. This will only work for very small motors though, as they are usually limited to 1 watt or less. If it's a bigger motor, you will need a DC motor controller, which can get pretty expensive, or you could make one with a power transistor. I'd need more info on the motor itself to help with this.

It'll be a tiny motor, something like these shown here. Nothing big. Have a bunch lying around from various old tech tear-downs and such. I might have a spare pot. lying around from an old guitar that I can try to use. I'll have to look and see. I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom