Longer Range Wireless Keyboard and mouse

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
As of right now i have a logitech keyboard and mouse set for my desktop computer but the only issuse i have is it only has like a 4ft range and i dont want to sit right in front of my tv(42") to use the keyboard... I have a couch thats about 8' away that i would like to sit at when i use my computer, any suggestions?

TRUST make some good ones, I had my wireless Trust keyboard on the second floor and the computer & receiver downstairs (just to test it), and it reached from that distance.

Bluetooth is what you want then, it has a 30ft range.

That's entirely theoretical, and assuming line of sight. It won't work much better.

OP: What I did was get a USB extension cable, and use it to tape the IR receiver to the wall so nothing blocks it. Also, make sure you are using alkaline batteries, since NiMh ones tend to provide much weaker range due to the lower voltage.

Why are you using a keyboard and mouse? I did for a little while when I first set up my HTPC, and it was the most frustrating thing ever. I now have a gyro mouse and a mini keyboard for one HTPC, and atrackball keyboard for the other. Of the two, I prefer the trackball keyboard, but the gyro mouse is better for gaming. I also suggest apps like remotedroid (android) or air mouse (iOS devices) which allow you to have keyboard and mouse control over a WiFi network.

That's entirely theoretical, and assuming line of sight. It won't work much better.

OP: What I did was get a USB extension cable, and use it to tape the IR receiver to the wall so nothing blocks it. Also, make sure you are using alkaline batteries, since NiMh ones tend to provide much weaker range due to the lower voltage.
I wasn't aware you needed line of sight with bluetooth.

I wasn't aware you needed line of sight with bluetooth.

You don't, but the 30 foot range is assuming ideal conditions, which includes line of sight. I've never gotten more than about ten foot range with my bluetooth HTPC keyboard, whereas I can still use my RF mouses and keyboard from the other side of the room, 25 feet away

Back
Top Bottom