Things to do in the snow

With what to do in the snow it really depends how much snow you get. we got a decent amount last year... so here are some things other people did. I mostly hid inside in the warm from the snow!

Some local police went sledging on riot shields. looked like great fun.

I saw a rather large snow man.

I saw a huge snow ball sat in a traffic island (as in a pedestrian traffic island in the middle of the road so people only have to cross one lane at a time). -this snow ball was bigger (taller) than my car as I drove past it.

build snow sculptures. -the best one that was seen was of a man standing up with a woman shall we say in front of him performing a certain act. it was made most awesome due to the detail, including the big smile on the snow mans face.

Get a washing up bowl (large square one) and mould snow bricks, build a wall in a car park exit.

old time favourites include making snow angels, and of course writing your name in the snow. (that works best with small amounts of snow).

When I was much younger my father made a snow house for my brother and I. He packed the snow and cut it into small bricks and built a house with it and put some plywood on top for a roof. Just a square structure but it was fun to play in when you're 10 years old. I also remember rolling up huge snowballs in the backyard and making a sledding ramp to sled down. We did all kinds of fun stuff in the backyard in winter. Quite a big backyard so we could do stuff like that.

Oh and we had this little go cart thing we made out of an old lawnmower and we used to drive that around the yard pulling people on a sled. That go cart was pretty fun in the winter.

Depending on what you want to do you can "paint" your snowman/castle/etc with a food coloring & water mixture put into spray bottles.

Also if you get done with a huge snowball fight, it's also fun to have a huge tug-of-war.
You don't need food coloring and paint bottles to "paint" snow ;)

haha, that reminds me of when I once had the "bright" idea of trying to snowboard off my roof when I was abit younger.... Ended with a broken leg.

Back
Top Bottom