The ultimate ripoff

Woa hang on... That thing actually has it's own cool little LED... That's enough to add an extra $100
/sarcastic

I noticed that too. Where is it getting power for the LED? I hope it's not from the HDMI signal itself.

EDIT: Wait, WTF? The thing with the LED on it appears to have been shopped in or something. It's definitely not part of the cable.

1267646_ra.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQu...ack&contract_desc=null#tabbed-customerreviews

Behold, Best Buy's new, even more expensive "premium" HDMI cable. I love the way that it costs twice as much as I paid for my TV, and it's only 6 feet long... You'll have to spend another $200 to get the ten foot cable.

Last time I was at Best Buy, one of the sales guys told me that to get a decent HDMI cable, I'd need to spend at least $100. When I told him that was BS and tried to explain how digital signals work, he started giving me "specs" to "prove" that it was better. Then I noticed that all their TVs have el cheapo generic cables hooking them up. Sigh...

EDIT: To see Best Buy's full selection of HDMI cables, click here. LMAO $2200.99

Has anyone considered the fact that this may just be an error? It happens once in a while. Someone adds an extra digit or puts the period in the wrong place.

Has anyone considered the fact that this may just be an error? It happens once in a while. Someone adds an extra digit or puts the period in the wrong place.

Definitely not an error. They have like four different sizes of the same cable, and all are ridiculously expensive like this.

I noticed that too. Where is it getting power for the LED? I hope it's not from the HDMI signal itself.

EDIT: Wait, WTF? The thing with the LED on it appears to have been shopped in or something. It's definitely not part of the cable.

1267646_ra.jpg

I get the feeling that the cheaper ones are far more durable.....

Why are those cables so expensive? Is it because they are "lovingly hand assembled by the almighty creator himself"?

I would expect them to be diamond encrusted for that price.....lol

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/

This one's even more epic. Check out the reviews.

Why are those cables so expensive? Is it because they are "lovingly hand assembled by the almighty creator himself"?

Even better:

amazon reviewer said:
Only the purest, purity of the pure copper wiring of the upmost purity is used in the AKD1. Denon uses equal parts of ancient Mesopotamian spear tips, Roman Drachmas fondled by Julius Ceasar himself and decorative copper from the Aztec pyramid of Tenochtitlan for the wiring in the AKDL1. The refinement process is quite complex and also partial classified. All we know for sure is that the NASA advanced research lab, the NSA and the Air Force Area 51 and 'skunkworks' labs are all heavily involved.

Wow... Its a digital signal. 0's and 1's. How the heck could that be lost from the start point to the end point.
I'd understand, yeah, if it was an analog cable carrying an audio signal to a speaker, but this?!

Exactly. People need to learn some signal theory and then they will save their money.

Cable capacitance can cause distortion of the square digital waves passing through a cable.

Still this is way over priced.

I had to get an HDMI cable right away, and a retail store was my only option. Radio Shack was right on the way so I stop by. Tell them I need a 6 ft HDMI cable. Their cheapest option was $50 and the dude tells me they are all expensive like that because of the new digital signal. I walk out empty handed and go to Walmart. Walk out with a 6ft cable for $30. Still way too much, but when you need one, you need one. My $30 cable works exactly the same as my $5 cable. I'm sure that the $600 cable will work exactly the same as my $5 cable.

I would expect them to be diamond encrusted for that price.....lol

Snake oil. It's just for people who don't know better.

Back
Top Bottom