new stickshift driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
i was wondering where can i get a stick shift car to learn how to drive it because i am planning on buying a stick shift for my first car and my friends also dont have stick shift

I did burn outs to get the feel of when to let go of the clutch. I think I rev up to 3, then slowly let go of the clutch. After about 10 burn outs, I got the feel of it, and able to start driving. Its the first gear that is the most tricky. When you are moving, it should be easy changing gears.

If you don't have any friends or family that has a manual car, then the only option I see is to rent a car.

i tried calling companies like enterprise or hertz but they said they only have automatics though

they are trying to promote automatics and phase out manuals...ass holes

Really?...did you just refer to us as "ass holes". I really hope a moderator flags u. Thats disrespectful imo.

Anyhow, at the OP.

If you want to learn standard, then like mentioned above, you need to have access to a standard car (duh). One thing I noticed, you can't just try it a couple days and think you know it or like it. You need to drive it for weeks preferably a month or longer before you really get the hang of it and experience all the different obstacles you'd encounter driving in the city etc.
Driving is key! As for getting a standard car...ask around, but a lot of people won't give up a standard car to someone learning...they worry about burned out clutches and screwing the transmission lol.

Hmm, I thought he was calling the rental companies "ass holes".

oh i see
do you think companies that teach you how to drive would have an option for manual?
ie. companies who do the behind the wheel driving lessons for new drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom