The ultimate ripoff

foothead

Omnicide now.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQu...ack&contract_desc=null#tabbed-customerreviews

Behold, Best Buy's new, even more expensive "premium" HDMI cable. I love the way that it costs twice as much as I paid for my TV, and it's only 6 feet long... You'll have to spend another $200 to get the ten foot cable.

Last time I was at Best Buy, one of the sales guys told me that to get a decent HDMI cable, I'd need to spend at least $100. When I told him that was BS and tried to explain how digital signals work, he started giving me "specs" to "prove" that it was better. Then I noticed that all their TVs have el cheapo generic cables hooking them up. Sigh...

EDIT: To see Best Buy's full selection of HDMI cables, click here. LMAO $2200.99

Hang on... WTF! People pay that kind of money for some cable and connectors?!

Apparently so. It's really a matter of how gullible people are.

The most I've spent on a HDMI cable was $15 because I needed it right away, and I needed one that could flex a lot without breaking. The rest of mine cost $3-5. Now, analog cables are a different story...

lol! "I was little worried about the low 695.00 price. I had to finance it and had geek squad come out to install it for me.", "I know, I know, $700 might seem dirt cheap to most for an HDMI cable. I'm pretty sure the 6' Monster HDMI cables run twice, even three times that price", *facepalm*

But in the description, "silver-plated long-grain copper conductors" and "Dielectric-Bias System". Ha!

You'll probably see the difference between the $2000 cable and $15 cable through an oscilloscope but I reckon real world difference is negligible.

^ You realize all the reviews are a joke, right?

I'm not even sure you would see a difference in an oscilloscope . Unless the cable is incredibly long, It's going to be either high or low. The uber long cables could probably pick up enough interference to be measurable, but it'd need to be absolutely massive for there to be enough for a false positive.

Woa hang on... That thing actually has it's own cool little LED... That's enough to add an extra $100
/sarcastic

Wow... Its a digital signal. 0's and 1's. How the heck could that be lost from the start point to the end point.
I'd understand, yeah, if it was an analog cable carrying an audio signal to a speaker, but this?!

Back
Top Bottom