Random Chit Chat

How? I guess I did it by installing it. I just never had any significant problems from the get-go. The only problem that I run into regularly is not being able to alt+tab out of TF2 without it locking up. Only tweak that I can remember doing is disabling Superfetch.

How? I guess I did it by installing it. I just never had any significant problems from the get-go. The only problem that I run into regularly is not being able to alt+tab out of TF2 without it locking up. Only tweak that I can remember doing is disabling Superfetch.

Huh? You can manually install drivers over the ones that Windows puts?

Note that this is a driver, not a driver installer package or anything. The specific one is located here, http://www.pctvsystems.com/tabid/62...Adriver/tabid/181/language/en-GB/Default.aspx under PCTV HD mini Stick (80e).

Don't quote me on this but I think gpedit.msc is only available in Ultimate, Pro and Enterprise editions of W7...

Why would Microsoft make people pay extra to disable their crappy "features?" Makes no sense to me...

How else can it be done? I've spent at least 8 hours trying to get the tuner working on my htpc. It works perfectly fine in linux and XP.

Huh? You can manually install drivers over the ones that Windows puts?

Note that this is a driver, not a driver installer package or anything. The specific one is located here, http://www.pctvsystems.com/tabid/62...Adriver/tabid/181/language/en-GB/Default.aspx under PCTV HD mini Stick (80e).

Why would Microsoft make people pay extra to disable their crappy "features?" Makes no sense to me...

How else can it be done? I've spent at least 8 hours trying to get the tuner working on my htpc. It works perfectly fine in linux and XP.

I'd be mad if I couldn't install the drivers that I want to install in W7. That sucks if MS have disabled the feature for Home Premium or Basic editions. Have you searched for a 3rd party application that allows you to modify the Group Policy in W7?

I'd be mad if I couldn't install the drivers that I want to install in W7. That sucks if MS have disabled the feature for Home Premium or Basic editions. Have you searched for a 3rd party application that allows you to modify the Group Policy in W7?

Yep, no luck. It really pisses me off that Windows won't let me replace the driver because it "thinks" that its driver is better. This type of thing is why I like linux so much better. If only there was a native Blu-ray program for it...

I forgot that brands like HP put the lowest amount for the PSU. My friend bought a computer today at Black Friday. It's an AMD Athlon II X4 635, 8GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB HDD, 1 DVD-RW optical, and a 250W PSU. We were planning on putting an 8800GT in there, but the power supply will not do.

Quick question, are we able to change the PSU and add an GPU to an HP computer without having the warranty voided? There were no stickers whatsoever that could show signs of any tampering.

I forgot that brands like HP put the lowest amount for the PSU. My friend bought a computer today at Black Friday. It's an AMD Athlon II X4 635, 8GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB HDD, 1 DVD-RW optical, and a 250W PSU. We were planning on putting an 8800GT in there, but the power supply will not do.

Quick question, are we able to change the PSU and add an GPU to an HP computer without having the warranty voided? There were no stickers whatsoever that could show signs of any tampering.

The warranty should be fine, considering that a computer is designed to be upgraded. Besides, you could just swap the original parts back in if you have to send the whole thing in for repair.

EDIT: I'm pricing some supplies for my project. I need 2 U.FL to RP-SMA cables, a couple high gain antennas, like 4 sheets of acrylic, a keyboard, a wacom touchpad, a hdd, a powered usb hub, some various wiring and connectors, a usb video card, an ASUS MS248H, PCI fans, some fan grille, rubber feet, lots of acrylic glue, a new webcam lens, some really tight hinges, and some RAMsinks. This is gonna get expensive...

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I didn't really want to risk doing anything that voids the warranty since its not mine.

Back
Top Bottom