Can this psu run an nvidia geforce GTX 460?

Archlvt

In Runtime
I want to buy this pc:

Configuration

* CPU: AMD Athlonâ„¢II X4 645 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
* HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
* MOTHERBOARD: * Asus M4A78LT-M LE AM3 DDR3 AMD 760G/SB710 Chipset DDR3 mATX w/ Integrated ATI Radeon 3000, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+97] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+40])

But I doubt the 450w that comes with it will run the 460. I currently have this:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...71015&cm_re=antec_650w-_-17-371-015-_-Product

Will this be good enough to run everything nicely with a bit of legroom?

The antec 650w is the one I already have in my current rig. I bought it with my 5770 which, while it was a big step up from my old card, still isn't enough to run my games at the perfection that I want them to.

I want a rig that won't give me a single hiccup when playing guild wars 2, starcraft 2, dragon age 1/2, diablo 3 and fallout 3/oblivion on MAX settings, with the ultimate texture pack mods, NEVER dropping below 60 fps even in massively crowded areas such as Denerim in Dragon Age. I also need to be able to run the ps2/gamecube emulators flawlessly, which I currently cannot do (the fault of that is my cpu, not the gpu). My TV is far too large to run my ps2/gamecube and it's all stretched and pixelated, so I want to do this as an alternative.

I'm hoping this rig will fill those shoes. I can get this rig for $790 after shipping from cyberpower.

Should I change anything? Or just get this PC as is, along with the crappiest PSU and then replace the psu with my own?

Back
Top Bottom