Random Chit Chat

Newegg's Black Friday sale is amazing. We just ordered two new Polk Audio PSW10's for $80 each and a three license pack of office 2010 for $100. I'm getting up in about 1 hour to go GPS shopping too.

Anyone know anything about Crucial's SSD sale? They're supposed to have 64, 128, and 256 GB drives for $1/GB, but the link just redirects to their home page, and I can't seem to find any info anywhere. I'd like to get a 64GB one to use as a scratch drive for photoshop.

My next purchase has to be a HD4890.

Why do you want outdated hardware? The 4890 still tends to cost about the same as comparable DX11 cards.

EDIT: Playing with my new laptop. Once I got the audio settings right, the sound quality is quite impressive. There's even a small sub built in. It's range isn't great, but it still makes a noticeable difference from just the main speakers.

The 4890 is still pretty capable, also it's at a decent price for the budget conscious.

Things must be different outside the US, because it's hovering about $175 here, whereas a 5770 can be had for $120 in a good sale.

Remeniz: Make sure you look out for the XFX custom PCB models. Those are probably the worst video cards ever made.

Why do you want outdated hardware? The 4890 still tends to cost about the same as comparable DX11 cards.

The 4890 is still pretty capable, also it's at a decent price for the budget conscious.

I can have a HD4890 for £100 and it's a much better card than the HD5770. I actually think that while the 2nd hand HD4870X2/HD4890 cards are available the HD5770 is pointless with DX11 being the only thing going for it cause they're all the same price here. I can do without DX11, what I want is FPS power.

Remeniz: Make sure you look out for the XFX custom PCB models. Those are probably the worst video cards ever made.

This is the thing. There's loads of XFX cards around but I don't want one. If I can pick up a Sapphire or ATI card then i'll be a happy.

What are the drivers like for the old HD cards?

hmm got a question
i got 2 diffrent graphic cards installed in my pc although i can only control one thru the catalyst center? is there a way i can get to control both i wanna over clock both

hmm got a question
i got 2 diffrent graphic cards installed in my pc although i can only control one thru the catalyst center? is there a way i can get to control both i wanna over clock both

There is a little pull down menu that lets you select which card to control.

Why are you OCing in CCC? MSI afterburner is much better.

How do I disable Microsoft's crappy automatic driver service in Windows 7? It keeps trying to install a usb mouse driver for my TV tuner, and whenever I uninstall the driver, it disappears from device manager entirely. Oh, and the group policy editor seems to be entirely gone from W7.

Try this.

Go to Start and type gpedit.msc in the Start Search. In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation.

In the right side of this window click 'Turn Off Windows Update Device Driver Search Prompt' and select Enabled. The restart.

See if that works.

Try this.

Go to Start and type gpedit.msc in the Start Search. In the Local Group Policy Editor navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Driver Installation.

In the right side of this window click 'Turn Off Windows Update Device Driver Search Prompt' and select Enabled. The restart.

See if that works.

foothead said:
Oh, and the group policy editor seems to be entirely gone from W7.

Challenge time: All you people who say W7 is so great and always works perfectly, etc. etc, explain how to do this.

Back
Top Bottom