Question about the 2.5" external hard drives

preferredduck

Beta member
i have a 40gb hard drive in my ps3. i have an excess of the external seagate and western digital hard drives so they are the small one's. i wonder if those drives are the same as what is in my ps3. if so i will gladly sacrifice one of these to my ps3 to have a 5oogb monster in there. maybe then i can put games on the drive, and maybe play the game some after i send it back. any info on these and this will be greatly appreciated. thanks all.

As long as the new drive is a 2.5" SATA drive your good to go. Some people have gone for the 7200RPM drives over the 5400RPM drives thinking they will benefit from the faster spinning drives but it only gives you 2 seconds at start-up, that's it.

As long as the new drive is a 2.5" SATA drive your good to go. Some people have gone for the 7200RPM drives over the 5400RPM drives thinking they will benefit from the faster spinning drives but it only gives you 2 seconds at start-up, that's it.

they plug in usb and i am not sure if they would work after taking the case off. i know i can get a laptop drive to do this but since i have a few of those 5500gb external i wondered if i might be able to get it to work.

they plug in usb and i am not sure if they would work after taking the case off. i know i can get a laptop drive to do this but since i have a few of those 5500gb external i wondered if i might be able to get it to work.

Most of the external drives i've cracked open contain the usual internal drives and their PATA/SATA connections connect to a USB interface. There's a few drives that have the USB interface built onto the hard drive circuit board but these are rare.

Pull it apart. If it contains a 2.5" SATA drive then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom