Have internet connection but cannot view web pages

thatguy512

Baseband Member
Hey,i recently got trojan along with this program called whitesmoke translator which i didn't install.Once i got that i wasn't able to update my virus definitions or view any type of stuff that required access to the internet.I manually updated my definitions and removed the virus's.To do so i used avg 9.0,ad-adware,malwarebytes,and spybot snd.Now that the viruses were removed im still connected to the internet but when i try to view web pages nothing opens.I Simply get "This webpage is not available" in my browers.I tried using system restore which was blocked because of the virus then i unlocked system restore but found i hadn't set any restore points.I have another computer connected directly into my rounter and another wireless computer which are able to browse normally but this computer won't.I read another article that gave me an idea that my DNS could have been changed.If it helps,i have a static ip address.

i found it it wasn't a issue with my DNS entries so im back to lost.

Try resetting your browser back to default settings. I ran into a virus once that actually changed the proxy settings on all installed browsers. I had to manually set each browser to not use a proxy server, then everything worked. This may not be your issue, but it might be worth looking into.

Try resetting your browser back to default settings. I ran into a virus once that actually changed the proxy settings on all installed browsers. I had to manually set each browser to not use a proxy server, then everything worked. This may not be your issue, but it might be worth looking into.

i tried resetting google chrome back to default but with no sucess.Thanks

Huh, they should be under Network on the "Under the Hood" tab. There should be a button that says "Change Proxy Settings".

Huh, they should be under Network on the "Under the Hood" tab. There should be a button that says "Change Proxy Settings".
the Dial-up and Virtual Private network settings box is blank(if thats what your looking for).Im not sure what your looking for

Click on the "LAN settings" button and make sure none of he boxes are checked. Are you able to ping any websites (Start>RUN>type CMD>in the black box type PING WWW.GOOGLE.com).

Back
Top Bottom