Reinstall of Windows

newbe1

Beta member
I have two computers that are currently running Windows XP. I need to reinstall the operating system on one of the machines, but I only have one reinstall CD. Now the license keys are stamped on the side panels of both boxes so I have valid keys, but if I use the reinstall CD it never asks for me to enter the keys. Are the keys stored somewhere inside the reinstall CD or somewhere else.

There could many possible options why this happens. One could be that on the hard drive, the first sector or two it might be stored there. From my understand Dell and HP company's do this all the time to be efficient. ;)

With that said, have you ever DBANed or hopped in linux and wiped all your partitions?

No I have not. I still want to use Windows on this machine, I have another machine that I have UBUNTU loaded on. Is there any way to tell if license keys match the on the box? I don't want to try and get windows updates if I don't have the correct license keys on this machine.

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom