Motherboard is dead

Deavient

Solid State Member
i have a ASROCK P4i65GV and i have tried everything changed (RAM, power supply, took out the video card chaged the CPU) nothing seems to be working theres power going into the power supply but nothing to the mohter board has anyone got any idea on how i can fix this ? thankss

How many Hard drives are you running? if 2 check the wattage on your power supply, my old 500w couldn't run with 2 Sata II hard drives. If only 1. then you are up for a new motherboard, find the latest motherboard that can run your current cpu and way you go cause I have experienced motherboard problems like you, my old one did the same thing.

its only running one hard drive and it was running fine then one day it just went and wouldnt turn back on im not sure what cpu is in there because when i baught the pc it was what was in there

another test, take your heat sink off your CPU turn computer on (only if it turns on) and feel the CPU if it gets hotter then you know the cpu is still stable. shut off and put heatsink back on. So if the cpu gets hot then it has to be the motherboard if the cpu doesn't get hot then its the cpu BUT if it does not power up what so ever then definitly the motherboard bro.

it doesnt turn on at all so i cant do that test :/ im not sure what to resort to is there anyway of repairing it or is it time for the tip?

my best advice is take the motherboard out keep the cpu and ram and everything else, chuck the motherbard and buy a new motherboard or a second hand, how old if your motherboard?

well ive had it about just over a year and i think its about 5 years itself if not older

hmm, another thing you could try, check the capacitors on the motherboard, Capacitors and bulge and leak into the motherboard.

use a multimeter to check the outputs from your PSU

find out how much wattage you system uses as a whole and make sure the PSU is rated high enough

that rules out the PSU

if the PSU is fine and it doesnt boot at all, its the board. Even if the RAM was faulty, it would boot but fail POST, and if the CPU was out you would get various error messages and a shutdown (usually).

Back
Top Bottom