power supply compatibility confusion

Yes, those PSUs should be compatible, but both are terrible. I recommend antec, cooler master, corsair, OCZ, PC power and cooling, and Seasonic. Any other brands are best to avoid because they can easily kill every component of your computer.

This PSU should be more than adequate for your HP, and it saves you a few dollars.

Is your HP power supply one of those conpact type PSU? If so then it might not work for the limited space, but if it is a regular PSU then yes it will. I have a Corsair PSU and they do real good pleanty of good stable power.

Looking at the HiPro PSU online it looks like a standard ATX power supply, so yeah, any other ATX formfactor power supply should be fine. I was thinking the same thing as TJ here, it could have been a microATX PSU, but looks like you're golden to upgrade to just about any PSU on the market.

Look at it this way, if you order the wrong sized one, you'll know it REAL quick when you go to swap them out. :)

Just saying, but I also think Rosewill makes some quality stuff. Mine has been going strong in multiple rigs for quite some time now, and I know several other people who have had a Rosewill PSU for quite some time. Either we're all incredibly lucky, or they make some pretty solid stuff :)

It should be known that a lot of online folks using Rosewill are reporting exploding power supplies and issues with them.

HOWEVER

I own both an 850 watt and a 550 watt Rosewill that are serving me well, and I use quality surge supression equipment or UPSes, so I minimize the risk. I too endorse Rosewill to an extent, but it's helpful to be aware of those problems, just in case.

The 850 used to be in my primary system, and now it runs my media center PC. I use the 550 for test systems and to have a spare on hand for other folks in the house.

Back
Top Bottom