really frustrating drive issue.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
well, got my build together, and now i have a new issue.

my bloody lightscribe drive simply refuses to work.

got a boot drive in the first SATA port, and the DVR-RW is going into the second SATA port.

while installing the OS i ended up using an old PATA DVD drive, figuring the CD that came with the drive (its an LG btw, link on the way) would solve the issue, but all the CD did was fill my little boot drive up with useless utilities and stuff.

so, any ideas how i can make this work?

ive tried various power cables in the case, two or three sata cables. It is recognised in My Computer AND it even lets me eject disks from inside the OS, it just refuses to read them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002HMHI...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002HMHIU4

If it refuses to read discs, it's usually a defunct drive, DOA's do happen from time to time. I'd check things like making sure the BIOS is set up correctly - sometimes burners give issues on AHCI configured controllers, likewise on RAID configured ones. Try swapping the config around. You can also try putting the drive on a different SATA port physically, or if possible, trying it in another PC. If it fails to work on the other ports, or on another PC, send it back and get a replacement. Contact their support for more ideas if you think something else is amiss.

Back
Top Bottom