HTC Evo

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
It's mine!

I've had the thing since Friday and absolutely love it. Runs so smooth, only downfall is the battery life, but that's manageable. The Android market is amazing, I've come across some pretty useful and fun apps.

4G internet is amazing. It's hit and miss where I'm at, but if I go to either of the major cities close to me, it picks it up pretty well. Faster than what I expected. Given, 3G is pretty fast for me, but the 4G is a great thing to have.

Any suggestions on what apps I should try out? Also, any other suggestions about the phone in general?

I almost forgot: The camera is AMAZING.
154256_467015740339_783440339_5489491_4409853_n.jpg

My friend has one. It is a nice phone. Just don't have it in your back pocket and then let your dog run between your legs causing you to trip and fall on your butt.

That pic is after the fall, plus he drops it/knocks it off the table/hits it against things on accident at least once every 1-2 hours, so that made it worse. He has gotten it replaced (had insurance on it) and also picked up an otterbox for it so that should help....LOL.

From the market on my Droid I have:
SNES emulator (highly recommended as now your phone is a portable gaming device to play ROM's on - as long as you own the original)
Angry Birds
I have a Kindle so I got the Kindle app
Meebo IM if you do a lot of messaging (IM uses data)
Pandora if your into listening to music
Photobucket if you have an account
ScoreCenter by ESPN if your into sports
I have an app called My Verizon Mobile which links me to my account (show data/txt/phone usage) - pretty sure he had the same thing from Sprint
IP Webcam is pretty cool - turns your phone into a network webcam but you need to be on a wireless network to use it
Flashlight
Advanced Task Killer - highly debated about whether it helps or not...LOL

That photo doesn't look all that impressive.

It really depends on how far the camera was from the bird. If it was as close as it looks, then the fact that it was able to focus at all is pretty impressive for a cameraphone. The picture itself is pretty bad though. It's loaded with noise to the point that details are messed up, it's slightly out of focus, the shadows are exaggerated, and the lighting is bad. Still, we're talking about a camera that probably has a sensor the size of a pinhead.

Flightsimboy, Apps I like are:

Skyfire browser
Cypria
ADW launcher
Kindle App
Google navigation if you don't already have it
fring
Droid48 (seriously, this is the best phone calculator I've ever used)
Anti DT (useful if you ever lose your phone)
Remotedroid
google sky map
rockplayer
photoshop express

My favorite games are:
Tux Rider android edition
Abduction
AirAttack
Cubes
psx4droid

I also recommend using orb, but their android app is atrocious. Use the website (mycast.orb.com) instead.

How fast is WiMax on it? All I can find are theoretical benchmarks, or benchmarks that were run before the phone was released, on a basically unused tower. I'm trying to decide between WiMax and HSPA+ For mobile broadband.

My friend has one. It is a nice phone. Just don't have it in your back pocket and then let your dog run between your legs causing you to trip and fall on your butt.

Good lord. What did he fall on, and was the glass side facing in or out?

He fell on his concrete driveway and I'm not sure about the glass.
Also, as I mentioned, he dropped it alot before/after it happened.

The most impressive thing is that it still worked perfectly right up till he got his new one. At least as far as the touch screen goes. The battery life was much worse than before he fell and he noticed a significant improvement once he got the new one. Also they told him he would only be getting a phone and he should keep all the accessories (including battery/charger/etc), but he ended up getting the retail box with the replacement phone plus a battery/charger/etc. so now he has an extra of everything.

How's this one?

76185_468331940339_783440339_5504195_326768_n.jpg

I'm sure people will wonder what that is. Here's a hint: N 38° 25.950 W 082° 01.200

All found through my phone.

Hard to tell with such a small pic. Cameraphones usually do pretty well outside, but they fail miserably in low light situations.

This thread made me have a dream in which I smashed up my iPhone :\. BAD TIMES

Lol, like this?

61077941.jpg

37f57c5d.jpg

That used to be an iPhone. Gotta hand it to apple though, that phone went through hell and back and was still working fine until my brother decided to destroy it.

Back
Top Bottom