Gran Turismo 5 - Nov 24th

David Lindon

Golden Master
So it looks like a new release date has been set (hopefully they won't delay again!), anyone pre-ordered it yet?

I haven't. I'm waiting to see how it is. If its like GT5 prologue or GT for the PSP, then I won't be getting it. I got bored of them really quick.

Yeah Teny, I'm the same with a lot of realistic racer games. I play them for a bit, and then get bored, but somethings making me want to check this out.

It won't be delayed again though David; The game went gold. They've probably already started shipping the games to retailers.

That's one reason that its holding me back. There may be over 1000 cars in the game, but they are just the same cars with different years and parts.

One reason why I liked Forza was because you get to pick a car, customize it, and tune. In other words, make it mine. Whereas GT for PSP was to buy a car, no customization, and really limited tuning. I don't quite remember how GT5 Prologue was, but IIRC, its really similar to the PSP version.

Well if it's anything like GT3 then players we'll have pretty good room to customize the car. GT3 let you change parts as well as axis positions, elevation, etc.

I don't know what to think though with the fact that only a small margin of the tracks will have weather/day/night cycles.
They didn't have time to implement it on all? Surely they did?

Just like only a certain few cars will have full damage modeling. Something I heard a while back

^ It seems to me that the problem with having that going on everywhere would be hardware limitations rather than them not having time to do it.

I Have the limited and signature editions pre-ordered, one for me and one for dad :D

I Have high hopes for this game, lets hope it's as good as Kazanori yamaguchi said it would be...

Back
Top Bottom