Driving issues

Kage

Golden Master
Today has been fun...

Got up at 6 and got picked up at 6:55 for my driving lesson, before my big test at 7.55.

That went fine. No problems. The lesson that is.

7.45 I enter the test centre, and sit there for 10 minutes.
Only to then be told that it had been cancelled due to unforeseen weather conditions, and there was apparently ice on the roads, so it would be arranged automatically for another date/time

I drove for an hour, and there were no issues at all on the roads...

I really wanted to pass today, but I neither passed nor failed.

To top it off, I decided I would drive my dad to the bank after getting back.

I was reversing off my drive, and happened to catch the wall on the front bumper. It cracked, and it fell off...

So that is now £220 down to get a new one and have it painted/fitted...

About 15 minutes prior to that, I had in fact booked it in for a check up, and had to cancel that for this :rolleyes:

Well this would have been my 6th, and I was quietly confident, but mm...

Got to wait a few days now, and I bet I don't get another test that early (it would be best) until December/next year

For the bumper, check the junkyards. It's plastic? Do some fiber glass repair then have it sprayed or if it's not an expensive car, just rattle can and clear it. Can save a ton of money doing small things yourself.

Hope it goes better next time! Hopefully you could get a later time so there will be less chance of ice etc

I chose an early time on purpose as apparently you get better routes :( But yeah, in these late months, it's probably not wise.

superman22x, bit late haha. It had completely shunted off though. The part that connected the car to the bumper had sheared off...

Just I really wish I wasn't spending £220 on it now, when all I was really after at the start of today was a pass certificate, and a quick and cheap service...
I really do not have the money to spend on stuff like this at the moment :(

I really don't see the logic of banning driving tests when it's a bit icy, unless it's icy to the point where the roads are closed. Yes, greater care needs to be taken but if done properly driving in such conditions is perfectly safe, and it's something that will be done near every day for regular commuters who drive to work in the winter. If the logic is it's unfair because it's harder, then couldn't the same be said about driving tests in the rain / dark? Are we heading to the point where we're only ever tested in perfect conditions? Seems stupid to me.

Back
Top Bottom