AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core in HP s5503w ERROR message "Unsupported CPU installed"

Wrobichaud

Solid State Member
AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core in HP s5503w ERROR message "Unsupported CPU installed"

Hey, I just got a AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core CPU and put in in my computer. I asked my friend who is a tech lover about this, and he said it should work it my computer is my system uses 64 bit. So I looked it up and it says my computer is x64 based. Anyone know why I get this error message. If so please help me out, I need to get rid of the garbage single core in this.
Here is a link to my processor ( http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5254888&sku=A79-9751 )
And here is a link to my computer specs ( http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bi...d=4162194&prodTypeId=12454&objectID=c02153185 )
Thanks! Wil

Re: AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core in HP s5503w ERROR message "Unsupported CPU installe

hm, probably to do with the Voltage regulators, chipset etc.

probably wasnt designed to run with a 125W QC if it had a SC chip installed.

EDIT: okay i stand corrected, the list of supported CPUs is on the manufacturer's site and the Phenom 9xxx seires is in there.

EDIT2: and tbqh, with a 125W CPU, you're going to need a bigger PSU even if it does work in the end.

Re: AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core in HP s5503w ERROR message "Unsupported CPU installe

Ok, could you perhaps link me a bigger PSU that would work with my computer try to stay on cheaper end :p

Take the back if you bought it recently horrible quad core.
dont mean to sound like an ass

Could you link a better quad core around 85 dollars? Cuz if you can, ill certainly take it back.

My mobo is AM2+

Ok, well could you still link a decent psu for a good price? Or link what I need to look for in specs so i know it would fit my computer.

AM2+ and AM3 are the same aren't they?

No, they are not. AM3 has DDR3 support, AM2+ doesn't. Some AM2+ boards are AM3 CPU compatible, but not all. It really depends on the BIOS.

There is no Athlon x4, so I think that may be a typo on the website. The Athlon II should be fine.

Ok, well could you still link a decent psu for a good price? Or link what I need to look for in specs so i know it would fit my computer.

What PSU do you currently have? It's probably fine.

To answer the original question, your BIOS is out of date. Flash a newer one and it should work.

Back
Top Bottom