using a 95 watt cpu in a 95 max tdp MB

tdpmax

Beta member
i was wondering if it was ok to put a 95 watt athlon 2 x4 cpu in a 95 watt max tdp motherboard or is that cutting it pretty close. or can i do it and have you done that before. or should i put like a 65 watt slower athlon 2 x2 cpu in. i never built a computer before but want to.

Dont hold me to it but i believe you will be fine, cause im using a 130Watt cpu in a 130Watt mobo and so far its work great!

Can also vouch for this, I have a 95 in a 95 and works fine. Same rating = OK. Higher CPU rating than motherboard = buyer beware.

ok thanks i was thinking about getting an athlon 2 x4 or phenom2x2 i wonder what would be better i want to run more programs at the same time but then i might want to get a radeon hd 5770 later and play games later. but i dont play 3d games that much

ok thanks i was thinking about getting an athlon 2 x4 or phenom2x2 i wonder what would be better i want to run more programs at the same time but then i might want to get a radeon hd 5770 later and play games later. but i dont play 3d games that much

From what I've seen, the phenom is better for gaming, the athlon is better for multitasking.

I might be wrong though, as I've never actually seen a multitasking comparison of the two.

mostly for converting multiple videos i think the athlon 2 x4 would be faster than a phenom 2 x2 but i could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom