Random Chit Chat

What was this ribbon cable used for? It's got 7 plugs on it. Four are floppy connectors, and three are something I don't recognize. It was floating around in the case, attached to nothing.

2010-11-10115802.jpg

Didn't they use those cables for old SCSI devices?

Scratch that. Its a 3.5 inch and 5.25 inch drive cable.

Mmmmm.... *thinks* So what diameter piping do you need?

It needs to be flexible tubing, and really, the smaller the better. I don't think it could be too small.

Didn't they use those cables for old SCSI devices?

I don't think so. It's really similar to an ISA slot, but not as wide and the Pins(?) are closer together. It has 34 of them total.

[RANT]
Seriously, this annoys the hell out of me. Like people with 16:9 TV's and they either stretch a 4:3 broadcast to fill the screen or wreck a 16:9 broadcast by zooming in. Personally I don't consider anything less than 1080 vertical lines HD either. 768 HD? Not for me.

But yea HD TV without HD broadcast stations?
[/RANT]

Gosh, that 4:3 stretch annoys me too. My mom likes to do that with SD channels for some reason, even though we get every channel in HD as well.

You get 768 HD in the UK? In the US, it's 1280x720. Yeah there are a few 1366x768 TVs, but nothing is recorded or broadcast that way.

Scratch that. Its a 3.5 inch and 5.25 inch drive cable.

Was there a specific name for the plug? I'm intrigued, mainly because it can have six devices on the same cable.

+1 for 16:10 because it's cool.

16:10 is great for computer use, but awful for video playback.I hate having to look at lit black bars when watching video. It makes black levels of the whole picture look worse.

It needs to be flexible tubing, and really, the smaller the better. I don't think it could be too small.

I was thinking about using a PC WC pump with small barbs maybe?

You get 768 HD in the UK?

Na, I meant 720. Didn't even know 768 TV existed.

Was there a specific name for the plug? I'm intrigued, mainly because it can have six devices on the same cable.

I think they call it a 34 pin Edge Connector for the 5.25 drives and 34 pin Header connectors for 3.5 drives.

I wanna know what the pumps for :cool:

That's way too big actually. The biggest the hoses could be is aquarium airline size.

I get ya.

I was browsing eBay and came across small pumps used for windscreen/headlamp washer systems on cars. They're usually quite small, and cheap, and the piping is the same diameter as that used with aquarium air pumps. Also you could use small pumps used on indoor water fountains.

I'm gonna have a think about the rest of the system.

I get ya.

I was browsing eBay and came across small pumps used for windscreen/headlamp washer systems on cars. They're usually quite small, and cheap, and the piping is the same diameter as that used with aquarium air pumps.

I'm gonna have a think about the rest of the system.

That's perfect! +1!

Back
Top Bottom