the useless junk you know?

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
alot of useless information creeps into life usually unnoticed in modern times.

today, i was informed of the 'Exabyte' (EB) which is equal to 1 Million Terabytes or 1 Billion Gigabytes approxiately.

i was also informed (im sceptical as i cant find anything on it) that if you put a 250TB hard drive into a computer running windows XP, it will recognise the drive, but probably wont be able to partition or use it due to its immense cluster count and a limit of about 2TB (i think?) per partition.

useless junk anyone?

edit: hm, wikipedia also just revealed 'Zettabyte' and 'Yottabyte'. 10^21 and 10^24 bytes respectively.

I know that Kevin Bacon was in the original "Friday the 13th" movie. How's that for completely useless information?

Java used to have another visibility modifier other than the 4 already in there, it was called "private protected" and behaved similarly to the construct in C++. This was added accidentally however and subsequently removed; it only ever made it into version 1.0.2.

A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head; a US congressman can live for years in the same condition

A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head; a US congressman can live for years in the same condition

LOL!

A cockroach can live without its head because its brain is located throughout the body, with very little of it actually in the head. They could theoretically live full lives that way, but they end up dying of starvation.

Don't ask me how I knew that, because I've no idea.

No information is useless.

2^43112609 - 1 is a prime number

Please explain how this is useful. :p

Add a prime number with another prime number and you get a prime answer. Add an odd number and another odd number and you get...a prime. Add a prime and an odd number, and you get...an odd!

Back
Top Bottom