Problem with sound card driver?

TH3V3RN

Beta member
Hi, I currently reinstalled windows on my computer because it has been years and I wanted a clean install. But after installing windows and the drivers I am having a problem with the output of the sound. the sound it very choppy and tends to freeze and sound like a high-transformer.
I tried using different sound card drivers but the problem ensues. I am using the realtek ac'97 sound driver because that is what I recall installing on this computer before the re installation of windows. it is just an integrated sound card.

How come just a re installation of windows would change the hardware? Its true though,i need to rebuild but I am a poor college student. :( hah

Before a rebuild, I would try another reinstallation of Windows. There's only two different RealTek Audio drivers, the HD and ac 97 so installing either of those should work. If neither do, reinstall Windows once more and see if that resolves the issue. What version of windows are you installing?

Edit: If you're installing pirated versions of Windows then these can be problematic in nature anyway. If you're not, could chalk this up as a bad install.

Back
Top Bottom