Random Chit Chat

The particular card I have in mind is just under $200 (new) which is more or less good enough for me. I can't wait till I'm ready to spend my money... I'll finally be able to max most of my games :D

I usually can. Can you give me a more in depth description of the symptoms and what happened right before it quit POSTing?

Since it's HP, I've got my money on the video chip as well. They are notorious for coming desoldered. The usual fix is to insert a shim between the case and the chip, which applies pressure and keeps the connections. A more permanent way to fix it would be to use a heat gun with a very fine tip to melt and reflow the solder. You could also use an oven, but I don't recommend this because of the extreme complexity of the motherboard, which makes it much more likely for something else to get messed up.

I don't quite remember, I'm gonna ask my friend and see if he remembers anything.

The particular card I have in mind is just under $200 (new) which is more or less good enough for me. I can't wait till I'm ready to spend my money... I'll finally be able to max most of my games :D

Make sure won't have any bottlenecks.

Anti-ailising makes little to no difference, but high rez is a must.

Funny thing about AA is that I wanted to test what my computer could handle with Crysis on maxed settings. The settings alone simply made it lag like hell. When I lowered everything, but maxed AA, my monitor turned orange and Crysis crashed.

Back
Top Bottom