Random Chit Chat

Push that thing to 5.

if it dosnt. ask for a refund.

btw going to sheetz, will post pics of my catch LOL (ya that bored...)

IMG_20101107_011528.jpg
on the way..
IMG_20101107_012213.jpg
my order lol

I'll get around to OC'ing some time. It's a lot harder to do on x58 boards. I'm so used to OC'ing based on a FSB, not a BCLK and some other stuff I'm not all too familiar with. I know just who to hit up for some pointers xD.

WTF? How can you possibly eat all that?

Is there anywhere better than eBay to buy broken laptops? I'm specifically looking for an ASUS G51VX-RX05 in the worst condition possible, but still running. From watching eBay auctions, I should be able to get it for $225-250 there, but without OS or power supply.

also, my furnace is broke an its 28F outside : /

Then its time to see how cold your CPU can get.

Anybody here know how to fix a laptop that doesn't POST?
My friend bought an HP way back (I think it was a dv6000 model). It lasted about half a year, then it died. I think it was because of the 8600 onboard video. I don't know why he never sent it back when it was still under warranty, and of course it is out of warranty now. I think he asked Geek squad back then, but it was never fixed.

Then its time to see how cold your CPU can get.
i could, maybe tomorrow, much to lazy for that right now. lol though its Idling at 32C right now at 3.6Ghz.

WTF? How can you possibly eat all that?
i just got back from Olive Garden a few hours ago an spent 20$. and my body temp is naturally 99-100F so i burn a crap ton of Calories, and i cant stand sitting still. Sitting sets off my temper, feels like im wasting time. Hence 90% of my posts on here are from my droid as im always Mobil. Though iv been a pleasant 204Lbs sine 2004 so i think im doing fine as it is for now. and you should see my lunch for work... LOL

Anybody here know how to fix a laptop that doesn't POST?
My friend bought an HP way back (I think it was a dv6000 model). It lasted about half a year, then it died. I think it was because of the 8600 onboard video. I don't know why he never sent it back when it was still under warranty, and of course it is out of warranty now. I think he asked Geek squad back then, but it was never fixed.

I usually can. Can you give me a more in depth description of the symptoms and what happened right before it quit POSTing?

Since it's HP, I've got my money on the video chip as well. They are notorious for coming desoldered. The usual fix is to insert a shim between the case and the chip, which applies pressure and keeps the connections. A more permanent way to fix it would be to use a heat gun with a very fine tip to melt and reflow the solder. You could also use an oven, but I don't recommend this because of the extreme complexity of the motherboard, which makes it much more likely for something else to get messed up.

i just got back from Olive Garden a few hours ago an spent 20$. and my body temp is naturally 99-100F so i burn a crap ton of Calories, and i cant stand sitting still. Sitting sets off my temper, feels like im wasting time. Hence 90% of my posts on here are from my droid as im always Mobil. Though iv been a pleasant 204Lbs sine 2004 so i think im doing fine as it is for now. and you should see my lunch for work... LOL

Wow. i guess I'm the opposite. In the last 24 hours, I've eaten two waffles and a piece of candy.

This video is amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcja8UBtXdk

So i figure i should get started designing my Project 365 Photo book, the cover is going to be the hardest part i reckon. I'm thinking the background should be a mosaic of my favourite photo's...

Back
Top Bottom