Random Chit Chat

I have a question about folding@home. If I were to get the software and run it over night, will downloading files while doing it affect it in any way?

I have a question about folding@home. If I were to get the software and run it over night, will downloading files while doing it affect it in any way?

Very slightly. The only time they will really affect each other is when F@H goes to download new work units.

I hope your computer isn't in your bedroom. It'll get hot as hell with F@H running on both GPUs.

^ I still say get a 5850 with voltage control. When you overclock it to the same clocks as a 5870, it'll be within 10% performancewise. Saves you $100. Or get a cheap one and voltmod. The only problem with that is warranty, so I suggest getting a used one.

Very slightly. The only time they will really affect each other is when F@H goes to download new work units.

I hope your computer isn't in your bedroom. It'll get hot as hell with F@H running on both GPUs.

Yeah, it's in my bedroom. I decided to take out the 8800GT out for now, and only install it when I plan on playing a game that uses physx. My room does get really hot when playing Batman AA with physx. Which is kinda a good because my room is usually the coldest in the whole house.

Yeah, it's in my bedroom. I decided to take out the 8800GT out for now, and only install it when I plan on playing a game that uses physx. My room does get really hot when playing Batman AA with physx. Which is kinda a good because my room is usually the coldest in the whole house.

Oh wait, I forgot you're in Colorado. I guess extra heat would be considered a good thing there.

Why remove the 8800 instead of just disabling it? It should set to 2D voltages/clocks when not in use, so it won't throw out much heat.

Back
Top Bottom