Signatures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth G

Beta member
Just a little of my two cents...

How come we can't have pictures in our signatures or use BB Code? It really spices up peoples signatures as it does posts.

Understandable, however I know many forums more popular than this that allow images in signatures.

Surely their server could hold this, no?

How come we can't have pictures in our signatures or use BB Code? It really spices up peoples signatures as it does posts.
...or on the contrary, it really annoys the crap out of everyone who has to scroll through a load of irrelevant images just to see the post they want. A signature is just that, it's a convenient way of signing off from a message. Sure, stick a witty comment in there or a small bit of obfuscated code for fun, doesn't do any harm. But when people start wanting to put all sorts of BBCode, Pictures, Youtube videos and whatnot in there it just gets plain ridiculous, means pages take ages to load, increases server bandwidth and makes it harder for people to locate the actual content on the page.

It might seem like a cool idea on the face of it, but as far as I'm concerned it's really not!

I'm sure there is a way to restrict what size of image you put in your sig, like I think a 24 px tall bar or similar would be reasonable.
Sorry to bump the thread.

Also didn't we move to a new server since the starting date of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom