HD jumper settings - finding HD

Maineman

Solid State Member
I have new WD SATA HD. My computer does not see it when I open explorer. It shows up under devices but has zero capacity listed under properties. There are also 2 jumper settings, one enables PUIS and the other limits PHY to 3Gbps.

Any thoughts on why devices sees the HD but explores does not/

Exactly what is PUIS and PHY?

Has it been formatted? It needs to be formatted before it will show up under "my computer". The jumper settings won't have anything to do with whether it's detected or not.

Has it been formatted? It needs to be formatted before it will show up under "my computer". The jumper settings won't have anything to do with whether it's detected or not.

It is a new HD. The "C" drive is exactly the same drive and also new. When I put the "C" drive in I booted from the CD to install the OS. Do I need to boot from the CD to format the HD?

Thanks

It is a new HD. The "C" drive is exactly the same drive and also new. When I put the "C" drive in I booted from the CD to install the OS. Do I need to boot from the CD to format the HD?

Thanks
No, just right click "computer" and go to "manage" then to "disk management". Then just right click on the disk and click "format".

Back
Top Bottom