One problem after another.. Graphics card committed hari kari possibly, need help.

airsoftkid

In Runtime
So I finally built my computer, it ran like a dream. I was playing Combat arms on it, and it ran soooo smooth. It was amazing.

This morning I wake up hoping to play some more Combat arms, but then remember, oh, I need to put the new wireless card in it. So I put that piece of trash in there, turn it on, and everything is running fine. I then install the driver, and restart my computer, connect to my wireless network. Everything is still running fine. I get on Facebook for about 2 minutes, and the thing gives me the Blue Screen of Death. Now, I ripped the wireless card out, and went to turn it back on, and I wasn't getting anything on my screen. My monitor stayed on standby. I finally remembered to pull the CD for the driver out, and it booted the startup bios screen. So I decided to restart it, and it started loading normally fine, then froze on a black screen with a "5A" in the bottom right hand corner, so I turned it off and went to restart it, and won't even take my monitor off of standby.

IN NEED OF HELP
I don't know what to do, I've tried everything I can think of. Please, any ideas of what is going on would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Airsoftkid

if theres nothing on the screen, check you didnt shift your GPU out of its slot when you pulled the wireless card

if that doenst work, plug into the onboard SVGA and see if that works, then try a system restore or roll back driver.

and, depending on how quickly you went through to get the NIC out, you might have static-shocked something if you didnt discharge yourself

Ok, well there is no onboard VGA, so I can't do that. I have pulled the card out and put it back in about 3 times now, and I touched the chasis before I worked on it..
Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom