Hey! Video Card Help? ME BIG NOOB :(

Oligator

Beta member
Hey guys,
just warning you now that I am a COMPLETE noob to this stuff. I really need a video card because im looking forward to CoD Black Ops but I can barely run CoD4 on minium-lowest settings possible. My "GPU" gets to about 140 degrees after 1 game (according to everest) so ive been opening the side panel and pointing my big floor fan at it to cool it down. It works but i know it cant be good for my computer. My price range is no more than $170 preferably lower. I just want to be able to comfortably run present and future games at good settings. Thanks, Oligator. :D

SPECS:

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: p6130y
Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Computer Type: ACPI x64-based PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU Type: QuadCore AMD Phenom X4 9750, 2400 MHz (12 x 200)
Motherboard Name: Asus M2N78-LA (Violet) (3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394)
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 (256 MB) <---- [Complete P.O.S]
Monitor: HP 2009 [20" LCD] (3CQ9212L54)

I would blow all the dust out of your PC
i would also get a new PSU before getting a new GPU

TBH, his PSU might be fine, but if he sees issues with it, then he'll have to change it, but most of the times, it will be okay to handle it.
As for blowing out the dust, it never hurts!

I recommend the video card abowlofrice recommended. Your current video card is intergrated and therefore, sucks a lot of juice from your system and it definately isn't a really good card!

Ok awesome. Can I get this card at like FRY's or BestBuy or something??? Also, is it compatible with my computer and if it is how do i install it??

i dont know my computer's power supply :(

PSU replacement would definitely be in order!! 430Watt is recommended for this card. He has a 300Watt with a 19A rail. If he had a cpu with a lower TDP then he might get away with it, but with a 125W cpu and 8Gb of memory he will prob get blue screens adding a 5770 on a 300w psu.

This is a solid psu for the money and could tidy up the case a bit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016

PSU replacement is certainly needed for this card!!

Back
Top Bottom