Local disk problem !!!

hardcore

Beta member
Hello guys, i am first in this forum and i am so sorry for my english because i from Macedonia, so i need a help from you about my problem !
-Well my problem is about Local Disk's C: and D:, so everytime when i formatt my Local Disk C: example with Windows xp and when i do the instructions D -> Enter -> L -> C - > then i got Unallocated space i think 9mb or less i forget now and then my letter of local disk C: changed to (D:), and the opposite from Local Disk D: to (C:) , so then in "My Computer" it show Local Disk D: with Windows and Local Disk C: with all my files and folders (DATA), but i hate this i'd like to show it normally Local Disk C: with OS and Local Disk D: with DATA, so can you tell me what can i do in the next formatt to get Local Disk C: with windows and Local Disk D: to use for data? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

For this to work properly, you have to have the drives connected to the motherboard in sequential order. What's happening is Windows is seeing your "D" drive on Interface 0, and the "C" drive on Interface 1, so it assigns the drive letters based on installation and sequence. It annoys the hell out of me too. To combat it, the next time you go to reload, remove your "D" drive from the system's field of vision (just unplug the data connector) and then connect your "C" drive to that interface connection (where "D" just was). Reload the OS to your "C" drive (be sure to format everything - don't just do an install on top of the OS) and then when you're up and running again, reconnect the "D" drive to where "C" was before (so that "C" is on interface 0, and "D" is on interface 1). That should fix it without having to worry about drive letter assignments

Back
Top Bottom