Adware or what?

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
well, this has been happening for a while but until now i just ignored it. Spending less time gaming more time browsing.

Before i describe this, feel the need to add that it happened to my old laptop (compaq) aswell as my current laptop (macbook pro) and also to my G4. It happens to every computer on my network as well as far as im aware, my family just use a Wireless access point, no cables or hosts or servers or controllers or anything.

Basically, all my browsers (and trust me, ive tried a few) seem to randomly redirect when clicking most links. I have to go Back and reclick the link a second time to get to where im trying to go. My Mac runs Kaspersky AV and everyone else here uses Security essentials or whatever microsoft called it.

so whats going on with my browers, and why does it happen to every computer that comes on the network?

(p.s. this is probably a stupid question, but im out of ideas beyond scanning everything, which i did, no change)

cheers

oh, and the Redirects go to places like 'K-Directory' and sometimes even to random other websites, took me to a rap video on youtube once.

How long has this been going on?
I don't have a lot of advice, but it sounds like someone has hacked/infected your home or ISP network.
Did you change your wifi router from the default settings when you got it? Have you recently reset the passwords and name?
A lot of times someone can hack your router or your ISP network and take control of your computers. If the problem persists I think you should contact them.

That's all I have right now....

its been going on for a while now, no controlling or anything of our computers just these annoying browser redirects. Speaking of which, im at my girlfriend's house using their wireless and im not getting and redirects or sluggish internet, so atleast i can rule out my laptop being the issue. Going to have a fiddle around, might just default my router, set the stuff up again and see what happens. cheers for info

No problem, glad it worked. Update if it happens again, maybe I'll have better, or more, advice next time!

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom