Random Chit Chat

Well, the Zune community does seem small. Its been about 6 months since the Zune got hacked. I just want flash on my Zune, so I hope there will eventually be a way to get it.

Is there anything to check how much watts my current computer is using?

How do I find the TDP?

Also, I am having a bit of trouble with the Physx. I followed this guide, but do I have to have my 8800GT connected to a monitor at all times for physx?

Hmm, I can't seem to get it to work.

Plug in a DVI-VGA adapter, put ~75 Ω resistors between pins 1 and 6, 2 and 7, 3 and 8, and tell it there is a monitor plugged into it. Always worked for me.

Google for the tdp. Or you could enter your components into a power supply calculator. All it does is adds the TDPs.

I didn't feel like going to radioshack anytime soon to pick up resistors. So I decided to follow this guide.
http://www.overclock.net/graphics-c...easy-hybrid-ati-physx-guide.html#post11072230

It works, I'm gonna do some benchmarks with physx.

Hmm, seems like I can't get HW monitor or Everest to read my GPU temps right? Kind of hard figuring out which temps belongs to who. or it doesn't start.

EDIT - Okay, I don't think it worked. I ran 3Dmark06, and I got basically the same score (100 difference). Hmm, I think I might just mess with this tomorrow after school. Getting tired.

I Love/Hate Payday.

First its great, you have a HUGE Wad of cash sitting in your bank account (I Get paid monthly), you end up spending a fair bit of it over the first weekend, then on monday you pay bills and by tuesday you have NOTHING Left to live on for the rest of the month. I Really need to learn how to budget.

lol stop buying stupid shit.

All i ever buy is, Gas for the truck, Bills, and food. and call it good.

Plug in a DVI-VGA adapter, put ~75 Ω resistors between pins 1 and 6, 2 and 7, 3 and 8, and tell it there is a monitor plugged into it. Always worked for me.

I decided to stop by Radioshack since it was near my school anyways. The only resistors I found there that was ~75 was 68 Ohm. However, they are only 1/2 watt. Will it still work?

Hmmm, sucks that I can only run Vantage a couple times. Looks like I can't upload my vantage score with physx.

68 Ω is fine. They could be 1/8w for all it matters. Very little current will be drawn through them.

EDIT: Anyone know how well a 9700M GTS would do in modern games at 1366x768?

EDIT2: Huh... Halo is playable at low settings on my iBook. I wonder why it plays on my iBook, but it failed miserably on my parents' 3 GHz P4HT Dell. Are intel graphics really that bad?

Surfing on my PowerMac G4 right now. Never realized how fast it was, I'm hooked.

Anybody here use Adium on their Mac for IM and chat? Works awesome.

Also, does an ATI graphics card have to be made or modded or whatever by Apple before it can be used in a Mac? I'm having a hard time trying to get a card that will upgrade my stock Rage 128 Pro, it's driving me insane. I could run OS X 10.5 on this thing, but I need a GPU with graphics acceleration.

no, id imagine you just need the proper drivers for your OS

dsafaefd.jpg

one of these numbers doesn't belong...

lol maxed my case fans an it dropped my CPU temps almost 15C

Back
Top Bottom